Friday, March 30, 2012

Welcome to the Cropped Challenge



Hi!
Welcome to the Cropped Challenge!
 Back in October it was Jen's  blog-a-versary. So she wanted to do something FUN!!! to celebrate. Jen loves to  watch/listen to the show Chopped on Food Network. If you've never seen the show, it's quite entertaining. Chefs get a basket of mystery ingredients with just a few minutes, and have to come up with an amazing meal. 

She posted on her Facebook page that she wanted to do something different and was looking for volunteers - and there were 8 ladies who were brave enough to join me in an unknown challenge!
It was such a hit that she has done it a few times since... Everyone seems to enjoy it and it's definitely a challenge to use these random products together... And so cool to see how everyone does it differently!

Here's what I told them:
The contents of the envelopes are:

1) Border strip, and a flower. Both were cut from my Cameo, and are white. You have discretion to add whatever color/texture to them; but they should be recognizable on your card. If you haven't made a flower like this before, let me know, I can try & put a video up or something... if you'd like to play, you can find them in the Silhoutte market - silhouette rolled rose
silhouette assorted decorative lace band
2) A toilet paper roll. Lots of people have been doing great things with them. You don't have to use the whole thing; and you can change the color. But I should be able to tell that there is some added dimension to some object on your card (for example, you punch or cut shapes or letters out of it).
3) Some Stampin Up! silver stamping glass. This is a really chunky glitter. You can do whatever you want with it but I must be able to see that some of it is on your card.
4) One more thing - not in your envelope. You must have some sort of texture evident on your card - you can use your cuttlebug, make lines with a scoring tool, whatever you want to do. But the card must have some texture (doesn't have to be on the whole card).

The only rules were:
You 1) can use any other items you like (card stock, bling, stickers, markers, stamps, etc) on the card. You clearly will need a card base 2) You must use all of the items I sent you, and they have to be identifiable (but you don't have to use all of it in the card). 3) This challenge only - you can change the color of any item I've sent you. They don't have to stay white. 4) Card can be any size, and any fold you like. 5) Card can be any theme you like....
For my card
My card base is a simple A2 Card and I used So Saffron by SU
I layered the card with chocolate chip and then another layer a light pink from my
stash. 
I used my rose folder from SU and embossed the pink paper.
The lattice I left white.
My rose I used Rose Red and sponged both sides of the rose and rolled it, I then sprinkled it with the silver stamping glass by Stampin Up.
My butterfly is cut with an embosslit by sizzix and stampin up and then i sponged it with the rose red and then applied an iridescent powder to give it some shine and added some stickles glitter as well.

Hope you enjoyed all of these beautiful cards!So, to make this more interesting,  Jen's  blog readers get to vote for your favorite card......
Please put your favorite card in your comment... If you can't choose one that's o.k. too!

I will select one comment from a follower randomly for a prize.. I'll be giving away:
1) some Tim Holtz alcohol inks for one commenter...
2) some Tim Holtz alcohol inks for one card maker
3) and if you want to play along, you can link up a card too! I'll select one of those for a prize too!

Jenn would love to hear from you if you would like to participate in these types of challenges in the future.


Voting will take place until April 3rd..
 

Thank You for stopping by and visiting! 
Please stop by Jen's to check out the rest of the cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment