Welcome to our Mardi Gras parade. I must warn you though while you may enjoy jumping up to catch beads, doubloons, cups, stuffed animals--whatever! Please yell at the float riders "Throw me something, Mister!" Bring a large, sturdy plastic or cloth bag to hold all the treasure you'll be catching - if you try to put all of your beads around your neck, you'll have a hard time standing up straight! Be prepared: some people get so overcome with excitement they will occasionally jump in front of you to grab what a rider has thrown to you. Don't get into a tug-o-war....there are many more floats on the way! If you're from far away, some visitors hold up a sign saying where they are from.. our local riders love to see people from far away have a good time and will throw to them to make sure they do!
The colors of Mardi Gras are: Purple which reprsents justice; Green which represents faith; and Gold which represents power.Mardi Gras is always held the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. Mardi Gras is music, parades, picnics, floats, excitement ... and one big holiday in New Orleans! Everyone is wearing purple, green, and gold; and adorned with long beads caught from the beautiful floats. They sit on the ground throwing balls, playing music, having a picnic, and watching the crowds walk by between parades.
Instead of beads, coconuts (which apparently is the most prized throw from floats) and other baubles, we have a great sponsor:
- $15 Gift Card for Treasure Box Designs (http://www.treasureboxdesigns.com/). They are asking you to stop by their blog and become a followr of their blog at http://treasureboxdesigns.blogspot.com/. They are having issues with their blog at this time but asking you become a follower!
- $50 Gift card from Anita Meadows Cannon
Sew, sit back with your beverage of choice, just keep in mind the police will be in full force watching for drunken lewdness as this is a family event! Feel free to watch in costume, as this is a festive hop!! If you have arrived from <insert blog previous to you> on the parade route, then you are sitting at the best seat in the house! If you have just happened to be visiting me today, don't get me wrong as I always love visitors, I would love for you to start at the beginning of our parade route at Lynne, your hostess, at http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/ along with our marvelous co-hostess, Kimberly, at http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/.
- Lynne - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
- Edwina Brown- http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com
- Kimberly Pate ~ http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/
- Inga Klaus ~ http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/
- Kari - http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/
- Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
- Gill - http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/
- Janet S - http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Lisa Woodward ~ http://mycraftyspaces.blogspot.com/
- Rhonda - http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com/
- Anita` http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com/
- Katie ~ http://www.ktsangels.blogspot.com/
- Theresa - http://scrappinginheels.blogspot.com/
- Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Laura- www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
For my card I used a Standard A2 card size
Lavender Lace Cardstock by Stampin Up
Background Paper-K&C Company Paper Pack
Layered with Lavender Lace
I used Stampin Up Top Note-and cut it out with Very Vanilla Card Stock.
My mask is from La Petites (The Paper Studio)
Sentement is from Verve and says Time to Celebrate
Hope you enjoyed my float in the parade. To continue on the parade route, Your next stop is Kimberly. I would love for you to throw me your comments as to my tribute to Mardi Gras!
For Blog Candy-I will be adding all comments to my monthly drawing-which will be drawn on April 1 for a $10 gift certificate to verve. Please make sure you leave a comment and leave a way for me to contact you.