Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our New School Year 2010-2011



Well, School has begun for the year and it's hard to believe its that time already. I am really looking forward to this year.
Today was day #2 and so far it has been going pretty well. We have had a few things happen but, I am sticking to my schedule and plan and trying to be consistent in that.
I know that everyone is different but, I feel scheduling works for my children. 
We are in School from 9-2 and we are using the School of Tomorrow Curriculum.
I am schooling 2 children this year, Whitney who is in 9th grade and my son Zachary who is in 5th grade.
I am also using Harmony Art Mom website for whitney at this time Zachary really isn't into drawing but, I am hoping He will join in with us at a later time. I am also planning on using  the handbook of nature study too. We will have a slow start on this as I am still needing to buy the book.
I was reading at a friends blog and loved this scripture she gave as the Home school verse

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your
God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These
commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them
on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk
along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” (Deut. 6:4-7)


No comments:

Post a Comment