I am participating in the 25 day Praise Plan- Marriage Challenge over at Women Living Well Blog and hope that you will join me.
This week's challenge is: be a little more creative with your praise. Surprise your husband with:
1. A love message on the mirror
2. A love message packed in his lunch
3. Use sidewalk chalk and write a love message on the driveway
4. Write a list of ten things you admire about him and then read them out loud to him.
5. Make a toast to him at dinner with friends. Or raise your glass at dinner and list the things you admire about your husband for your children to hear!
6. Buy or make your husband a trophy and engrave it with the words "The Best Husband in the World." (I found a cheap trophy at a party supplies store - the kids loved presenting it to daddy)
7. Write a poem - even if you can't write - it can be goofy. Include in it references to your favorite movies, restaurants, places to go and memories. He will enjoy the trip down memory lane and the laugh!
8- Blow up balloons and put a loving message in each one. Fill your bedroom with balloons as a surprise.
9- Take a roll of receipt tape and write a long message with the things you admire and respect about your husband - then roll it up and put it in a bottle for your husband to open and read. (I made many of these for my husband in college when we were dating long distance. I mailed them in packages.)
10. Get creative with your selflessness!
I am so thankful for my husband Wayne, God brought Him to me at a time I really needed Him, He is very gentle and soft spoken and the Lord knew that is exactly what I needed in a Husband and He has always provided for me and our family. We have been married for 25 years and I am honored to be called His wife.
What I admire most about my husband is His relationship with the Lord and how much He truly loves God.