Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Making a Treasure Coin Chart
We made this in School today and it was very interesting to look at it in a different view.
1. a nine-inch square of cardboard
2. plain white paper
4. a Bible
What to do:
1. Using a small plate, draw a circle about 8 inches, or 20 centimeters, in diameter on the cardboard and cut it out.
2. Out of the plain white paper cut two circles the same size as the cardboard circle. Glue one to each side of the cardboard circle.
3. On one side near the edge write, "God's Riches." On the other side write, "The World's Riches."
4. To find out what some of God's riches are, look up these verses.
Write on the chart just the things of value. (for example: 1 Peter 3:4 A meek and quiet spirit.)
Proverbs 31:10,1 Corinthians 6:19,20, 1 Peter 3:4, Proverbs 15:6, Isaiah 33:6,
Matthew 13:44, Hebrews 11:26, Isaiah 28:5, Zechariah 9:16, Psalms 127:3, Romans 8:16,17
5. For " The World's Riches" think of answers to these questions and write them on the chart.
a. What do people need to stay alive?
b. What kind of things are rare or do only a few people have? (gold, diamonds, etc)
c.What can be traded for needs or rare things? (money, fur, gold, etc.)
d.What do people want that will make their lives more comfortable or pleasant? (art works, house, car, etc.)
Just as both the sides of your coin-chart cannot be up at the same time, so a person cannot live for God and the world at the same time (Matthew 6:24)
Hang your chart where it will be a reminder to you.