Wednesday, October 29, 2008

BFS Assignment #107~When There's No Tomorrow (Mercury)

Memory Verse: Ecclesiastes 1:13-14

I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Please try to learn our memory verse this week. We will be sharing a new verse every week and hope that you will store them in your hearts and find a special joy in His words.

Intro: When There’s No Tomorrow. (Marketing credit: Mercury)







Please listen to the song. Imagine you’re standing before God. There’s no Tomorrow, you can’t go back and finish up what you had planned on getting to sometime in the future. What was that thing that you planned on getting to, that thing that now, you’re standing before God and
thinking “I wish I had gotten to that…”

Assignment: We only have today. Should God take you today, have you accomplished everything that you wanted to, needed to. Have you said all the things that needed to be said? Let’s have no regrets, let’s make sure we get to those things, so that when we’re standing before the Lord, the only thing we need to do is to worship him.. and not regret not getting to that thing on our to do list. Stop - go take care of that thing…. then, come tell us what you choose to share. Don’t embarrass yourself or any of your loved ones


I have tried to do the best that I can living my life for Jesus but, know that there are things I didn't do the best that I could of done, but because of Jesus great love and forgiveness and mercy I know that he has forgiven me for those things. I hope that when I go that it will be when everyone else goes but, if not I do have an assurance that I have done the best that the Lord asks of me. I am growing in Christ and making new steps to be the best I can be in Christ. My Pastor gave a sermon last night about Mercy and Goodness and how Mercy and Goodness follows us, I know that in my heart that is the kind of Christian I want to be-where Mercy (for others)and Goodness towards others follow me.
There are things that are important to me that I would like to see, like see my kids grown into the Women and men of God that he has designed for them, I would like to hold my future grandbabies and love them. I also want to see my family come to know the Lord and see the goodness he has for them, there are friends I have and know that I would like them to see all the wonderful plans and good things God has for them too.




Scripture that I am sharing today is
Psalm 23.6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

















I believe our children are our tomorrow, they are the ones that will be leading the next generation, it is important to me to invest in my children's lives as much as possible and teaching them about the Lord. They were out fixing their little go cart when I took this picture of them.

Blessings

2 comments:

  1. For me, I worry daily whether or not I am propery preparing my children to be good men and women of God. With all of the world around them, it gets kinda scarry sometimes.

    Mrs.Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-our kids are the ones we need to focus on for preparing them for their futures...esp. with things as they are right now in our world. Blessings

    ReplyDelete